Categories

Sunday, October 31, 2010

As October Comes to an End...

I only have a short moment as we prepare to say goodnight to one of my very favorite months, October. Apples are one of the defining joys of October. Apple cider, apple pie, applesauce, dried apples, apple potporri and just plain ol' apples for a snack. Apple trees = fall's bounty. I love everything that fall brings to the table. I also love what it does in my heart. The leaves once again displayed their brilliant colors and left me nearly crashing my car around every turn as I couldn't stop staring in awe...and then they fell to the ground and caused a rucus in our yard once again. But raking seems to bring some sort of pleasure that makes me want to flip through the latest LL Bean magazine and order something off every page. It feels rugged. Bring the sweaters out. The crisp nights with the warm fires, the pumpkins ready to be carved, the mums dotting every porch...i can barely take it! Thank you October for being so wonderful and dear to my heart. Feel free to stick around longer next year.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment