So here’s the recipe of what I threw together, and I must say it’s quite tasty!
Yellow Zucchini, White Bean, Spinach and Pesto Soup
- 2 yellow zucchinis diced (bought at the local farmer’s market)
- 1 medium onion chopped and sauteed in olive oil
- 1 can diced tomato with herbs
- 1 can tomato paste
- a few cups of organic chicken stock (didn’t measure)
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 16 oz bag of spinach
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 pesto cubes (from freezer, saved from last summer)
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
I turned the crock pot on high around 2:00 and it was done by 6:00. I ate some and put the rest in containers to be frozen for later.
Farmer John will enjoy these for dinners when I am away in Alaska!